Monday, October 7, 2013

DESIGNER CRAFT CONNECTION - FIRST MONDAY IN OCTOBER!

Let's just say that I "cherish" my paper crafting supplies.  That in no way, shape or form implies that I am a hoarder - wink, wink - know what I mean?!?



This Haunted line from Cosmo Cricket is a classic!  I have had it in my stash for several years, but thought it was so cute I could never bring myself to use it - REALLY?  Isn't that the whole point of creating is to use our supplies?  Well, there lies my dilemma.
 
I have had this project (and the supplies) in my head for a while now, but I finally sat down this past weekend and created these cute BOO Halloween Houses.
 
 
Here's how I made them:
 
Cover three Paper Mache House forms with patterned paper using a decoupage medium.  I like Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Multi-Medium in Matte.  It sets up quickly and the paper does not buckle. 
 
Add shingles using a scalloped border punch and Xyron's Mega Runner.  This is the stickiest double sided adhesive I have ever used and it is reasonably priced!
 
Make a patterned paper rosette for the center of each house, securing with Xyron's Mega Runner.  Punch out a 2" circle in a contrasting patterned paper and top with a black glittered chipboard letter.
 
Punch out Cosmo Cricket Haunted chipboard shapes and apply Haunted stickers.  Attach shapes to houses using Xyron's 3/8" Adhesive Dots.  This product gives you dimension, but the clear dot literally disappears on a project like this - brilliant!

Above are details of each House.  I embellished with a few rhinestones for sparkle.



Now you can HOP around to see what the other Designers have created with a Fall/Halloween theme in mind - I can't wait to see the creativity!  Just click the HOP BACK and HOP FORWARD buttons in the DCC icon on the right hand side of my toolbar!



Thanks for stopping by!  -Beth

No comments: