Sunday, August 31, 2014

Unconventional Vacation Memory Crafts

I am definitely a memory crafter but not in the traditional scrap booking fashion.  I enjoy turning vacation memories into home dec pieces that become keepsakes.

Join me today on the Designer Crafts Connection Blog Hop and explore a few different ways to keep, display and gift vacation memories!


First up is a cool shadowbox filled with shells collected on our many trips to Sanibel Island, the shelling capital of Florida!  Around the edge is a bit of journaling along with stickers and other embellishments.  Think about the memorabilia that you bring back from a vacation and display it in a unique way.



I also enjoy up cycling everyday day items, so I have turned ordinary glass food jars into picture frames.  Embellish on the outside, then roll up your photo and slide inside the jar before replacing the lid.  Great gifts for family and friends!



This wooden block memory tray is something that I made for my Mom.  The base is a simple wooden tray and 8 wooden blocks from the craft store.  I sized photos from childhood family vacations, and decoupaged them onto the blocks, the carefully cut the blocks apart with a sharp craft knife.  I stained the tray, embellished with stamps and added handles from the home improvement store.



Next up is another project I created for my Mom (she's my biggest fan!). I purchased a craft store collage frame, removed the backing and glass, then painted it bright white.  I glued in a starfish as well as some strands of shells and sea glass.  For this project I scanned vintage family beach vacation photos, printed them black and white, then colored in key elements of each photo.

I hope you have enjoyed my unconventional vacation memory crafts today!  Now it's time to HOP around and see what all of the other talented Designer Crafts Connections designers have created with their vacation memories. Please use the DCC navigation box on my right hand toolbar to HOP FORWARD and HOP BACK!

Thanks for stopping by!  -Beth

No comments: